Sunrise Hunting With Cheap Ranu Kumbolo Camping Package Tour – in this post, I will share a pretty interesting experience that can inspire you to take part in enjoying and preserving the beauty of nature in our beloved Indonesia.
Maybe you are familiar with this location, Ranu Kumbolo. The lake which is located under the foot of Mount Semeru is one of the attractions for local and foreign tourists to camp at this location before heading to the top of Mount Semeru
Even so many climbers who want to go there, the daily quota to enter Ranu Kumbolo is also limited. This lake holds unique and mysterious stories that make people even more curious to take part in the story.
Ranu Kumbolo / Kumbolo Lake
Ranu Kumbolo comes from two words, Ranu (which means Lake) and Kumbolo. So Ranu Kumbolo is also called Lake Kumbolo. This lake is located in the Tengger Mountains, precisely at the foot of Mount Semeru with an area of approximately 15 hectares.
The lake, located in the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park (TNBTS) area, is a stopping place for Semeru climbers. The beauty that is served by this lake and its location which is flanked by several hills, is an attraction itself for some people.
Although the temperature in Ranu Kumbolo can be said to be quite cold, especially at night, this does not make the slightest climber stop by this lake.
Not even a few climbers who spend the night by the lake which is often referred to as Semeru paradise.
But there are some rules that you must know before going to Ranu Kumbolo so that this place is always well preserved.
6 Important Things Before Doing Ranu Kumbolo Camping
1. Ranu Kumbolo Camping Area
Around Ranu Kumbolo has a lot of terrains, but there are only two locations that can be used to set up tents namely in the savannah near post four down and near the shelter behind the Ranu Kumbolo hill.
Apart from the two places, visitors are not allowed to set up tents because the locals consider the land sacred in the Ranu Kumbolo area.
2. Do not swim in the lake
The clear water of Lake Ranu Kumbolo is tempting to swim or just play with the lake water.
But you do not swim in the lake, because the lake’s water temperature is uncertain and the depth of the lake reaches 28 meters will be fatal for those who are determined to swim
3. Boundary Rules Setting Up Tents In Ranu Kumbolo Camping Area
In order to maintain the beauty of Ranu Kumbolo lake, climbers are prohibited from setting up tents close to the lake shores.
The distance between the lake’s edge and the tent to be erected is at least 15 meters.
In addition, you are also prohibited from feeding fish and throwing trash in the lake, if you are desperate you will get sanctions.
4. Washing Tableware at Ranu Kumbolo
You are prohibited from washing dishes or cutlery on the edge of the lake because it will result in the lake being polluted.
Instead, you can make a dug hole 15 meters away from the edge of the lake, this dug hole can be used to wash and dispose of your leftovers. And for plastic waste or other packages that cannot be decomposed by soil, please collect and store them in a separate bag which can later be disposed of in a trash bin in a resident’s home.
5. Bathing and defecating around the Ranu Kumbolo Camping Area
In general, the climbers dug a hole to dispose of water and then backfilled.
But at this time, Ranu Kumbolo has toilet facilities that can be used for bathing and urinating.
6. Do not light a bonfire
Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park has banned climbers from making bonfires using wood or trunks from trees around the lake.
But no need to worry, the TNBTS will create a bonfire that can be used together with other climbers in order to strengthen the atmosphere between the climbers.
Itinerary Camping Ranu Kumbolo From Surabaya / Malang
The first day: Pick Up – Ranu Kumbolo
- 08.00: Pick-up at Malang Station (Meeting Point)
- 08.30: Towards the Base Camp (Village Key / Overlapping) (Transport: Angkot)
- 9:00 to 10:00: Eat and check climbing equipment
- 10:00 to 11:00: Overlapping – Ranupane (Transport: Jeep 4X4)
- 11.30 to 13.00: Management of Climbing Administration & Briefing Officer
- 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Start Trekking Pos Ranupane – Ranu Kumbolo (2400mdpl)
- 17.00: Camp at Ranu Kumbolo, Dinner & enjoy the view
The second day: Kumbolo Sunrise – Transfer Out
- 5:00: Wake up
- 06:30 to 08.00: Hunting sunrise photo & enjoy the view of Ranu Kumbolo Lake
- 08.00: Breakfast
- 08:30 to 10:00: Free Program (Explore Kumbolo – Tanjakan Cinta – Padang Savana / Oro-Oro Ombo)
- 09:30 to 10:00: Packing & preparation back to Ranu pane
- 10:00: Return to the Ranupane post
- 14.00: Arrived at the Ranupane post
- 14.00: Return to key village basecamp
- 15:00: Arrived at the homestay clean2 / shower
- 15.00 to 16.00: Eat / Copy photo files etc.
- 16:00 to 17:00: Return to Malang city station – go to Malang city station & the program is finished
Note: Itinerary can change at any time according to weather conditions & conditions in the field.
Provisions Camping At Ranu Kumbolo :
- Ranu Kumbolo Camping trip is open to the public
The minimum open trip quota for Ranu Kumbolo is 6 people
- There is no booking system, which enters the list of participants who made the DP payment.
- DP (Down Payment) of at least 50% and payment must be paid on D-3 before departure.
- DP cannot be refunded if there is a cancellation from the participant but can be transferred to a substitute participant.
- Open Trip Ranu Kumbolo applies a quota system with a note that it will depart if the minimum quota is met. If not met, a tariff adjustment policy will be applied, or a change in departure date, or cancellation of the trip in accordance with mutual agreement.
- Ranu Kumbolo Open Trip can be canceled or change the schedule at any time in the event of bad weather and certain natural events, this is in the interests and safety of participants and the smooth running of the trip. In this case, there is no use of money for services that are not used
- Obligation to safeguard personal belongings, and any loss is not our responsibility as a tour operator Participants must obey the rules that apply in each destination visited
- We encourage participants to take part in protecting the location of attractions by not doing things that are destroyed during the open trip Ranu Kumbolo.
- Ranu Kumbolo open trip participants are considered to understand and agree to all the provisions above.
- Obliged to bring an original health certificate from the hospital administered no later than D-3 before departure.
- Collecting 2 copies of an ID card at the meeting point
- As long as the quota is still available, registration can still be done until D-5.
- Meeting point is maximum until 09.00 AM
- If the schedule of departure from Malang city (Station / Airport) is recommended, take the departure schedule above at 17.00 WIB.
- If the schedule of departure from Surabaya (Station / Airport) is recommended, take the departure schedule above 21.00 WIB.
- The minimum age of participants of Mt. Semeru Open Trip is 10 years.
EQUIPMENT THAT NEEDS TO BRING
- Carrier/daypack MANDATORY
- Sleeping Bag MANDATORY
- Geiter (optional)
- Trekking Costumes (Field Shirts & Pants)
- Mountain Jacket (Cold Proof, Water Proof, Wind Proof) MANDATORY
- Raincoat / Poncho MANDATORY
- Outdoor shoes MUST USE SHOES
- Mountain Sendal
- Change of clothes (clothes, pants, underwear) MANDATORY
- Head/slayer MANDATORY
- MANDATORY gloves & socks
- Drinking bottles
- Outdoor Printilan (Matches, knives, ropes, etc.) (optional)
Personal medicines (optional)
- Cleaning tools (wipes etc) (optional)
- Flashlight / HeadLamp MANDATORY
- Backup Battery MANDATORY
- The trash bag is MANDATORY
- MANDATORY MASK
- Trekking Pole (optional)
- Aluminum Blanket (optional)
- Portable Oxygen (optional)
- Car Rentals + Driver + Fuel (Surabaya – Mount Bromo) Cheap Price
- Bromo Permai Hotel, Lodging Options Mount Bromo Probolinggo
- Package Tour Bromo – Gili Ketapang Probolinggo Island 2 Days
- Should We Rent a Jeep At Mount Bromo? Search For Information Here
- Wonderful! Mount Semeru, Highest Peak In East Java, Indonesia
- Mount Bromo Christmas Tour Package 2019 and New Year 2020
- Package 4D/3N Tour From Surabaya Bromo Ijen Crater Sukamade
- Private Tour: Yogyakarta Tour, Bromo Tour, Ijen Crater Tour 4 Days
- Mount Bromo Sunrise Tour Package – Midnight Tour One Day
- Packages Tours Bromo Tanjung Papuma Beach 3D/2N
- Mount Bromo Tour Package From Singapore & Malaysia
- Mount Bromo Malang Tour Packages 3Days From Surabaya
- Ijen Crater Sharing Tour Package, The Cheapest Price In Banyuwangi
- Packages Tour Mount Bromo Rafting Songa Pekalen 3D/2N
- 4 Days Tours ( Red Island, Merubetiri – Kawah Ijen – Baluran Packages )